Eclipse or SUNrise...

Eclipse or SUNrise...
...JAVA for sure

Monday, January 9, 2012

About Black Belt Factory

Couple of days ago I thought that it would be nice to refresh my Java knowledge. My current work forces me to use many solid products which are based on Java, but there is less space for pure Java coding. With the new Java release 7, it would be nice to stop for a moment and update my knowledge.

Browsing through the internet, I found out Jacek Laskowski's post (in Polish) mentioning about the Black Belt Factory. Jacek wrote, that he used this site to update his Java knowledge. I also gave it a try and I'm amazed. This service is so cool. By earning points you are allowed to take exams to earn belts - just like in the martial arts. The process of earning points is also a learning process, where you learn about the staff you're interested by contributing in the sites resources (for example by judging beta exams, that are under development).

I am really into this. I don't have any belt in martial arts, but I will have one in Java for sure! I'll write more about my experience with this community!

I will end this post with the masters Miyagi quote:

We make sacred pact. I promise teach karate to you, you promise learn. I say, you do, no questions.

2 comments:

Tomek said...

The martial art rule you mention is not good. No questions asked? On the contrary, question everything you learn! This is not a master-pupil situation.

Sebastian Kapciak said...

Daniel: No offense, Mr. Miyaji, but I don't think you understand my problem...
Miyagi: [interrupting] Mi... ya... *gi* understand problem perfect.

Best Regards Tomek!!!! :-))