Eclipse or SUNrise...

Eclipse or SUNrise...
...JAVA for sure

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Running RAD 7.5.4 on Linux

Well, finally the 3GB RAM limit under Windows XP forced me to change my work environment to Linux (in my case it is Ubuntu 10.10). Unfortunately after installing Rational Application Developer I received a following error message:

Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Widget disposed too early


I followed many solutions on IBM's pages and tried different versions of my software (it said that it was a Firefox fault), but nothing helped me. Finally I tried with overriding the .metadata folder from my old RAD's workspace and it actually worked!

I found also on the Developer Works forum (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14385876) that some other people tried the same as well and it also worked for them.

At the end I have to say that under Linux RAD works twice as fast (but not as fast as it should and could) so I can highly recommend Linux as the platform for these havy-waight Eclipse tools.

No comments: